Are you trying to get credentials to help you while serving or after the Army? Do you want to be reimbursed for those credentials? As part of the Army Credentialing Assistance Program, you can make it happen.
The program has been tested at Fort Hood and Fort Campbell and will roll out based on the schedule below starting in October. The program is similar to Tuition Assistance in that users have a total of $4,000 per fiscal year to use on credentials. To see if you are eligible, click HERE. The combined allowance for TA and ACAP is $4,000.
The Army’s COOL website details the programs that are eligible. Take a look and see if yours is eligible.
The schedule below depicts the posts that will begin the program this year. If you have any experience with the program feel free to leave a comment!
The following locations are slated to participate on 1 October 2019:
– Regular Army Soldiers stationed at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA; Fort Carson, CO; Fort Drum, NY; and Fort Riley, KS
– ARNG/USAR with units in Washington, Colorado, New York, and Kansas
The following locations are slated to participate on 1 November 2019:
– Regular Army Soldiers stationed at Fort Stewart, GA; Fort Gordon, GA; Fort Bliss, TX; Fort Bragg, NC; Schofield Barracks / Tripler, HI; Fort Benning, GA
– ARNG/USAR with units in Georgia, North Carolina, Hawaii
The following locations are slated to participate on 1 December 2019:
– Regular Army Soldiers stationed at Fort Irwin, CA; Fort Polk, LA; Fort Huachuca, AZ; Fort Eustis, VA; Fort Lee, VA; Fort Jackson, SC; Carlisle Barracks, PA
– ARNG /USAR with units in California, Louisiana, Arizona, Virginia, South Carolina, and Pennsylvania
All other installations and states for all components will begin 1 January 2020.
If you have questions about the CA program, contact your servicing Army education center/office. A list of centers/offices can be found at https://www.goarmyed.com/public/public_goarmyed-education_centers.aspx.
Like the content on this page? Please subscribe below to stay up to date on the latest with military money matters! $